When users entered information in a standard MOSS Form, the values of the fields were not saved. It was empty. Even though the fields are required. Automatic workflow is kicked off, but no values in the fields.
In the ULS Logs I found this error:
ERROR: request not found in the TrackedRequests. We might be creating and closing webs on different threads. ThreadId = 26, Free call stack = at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRequestManager.Release(SPRequest request) ....
I searched all over on the internet and could not find a solution. This Form and Workflow is standard OOB and was not created using SharePoint Designer.
To complicate it further, I have 4 Web Front Ends, and only 1 was giving this issue. So I started at the Web.Config file.
The web.config files differed on the "working" WFE's and the "broken" WFE. The solution is quite simple. In this part of the web.config:
The enableViewState and EnableViewStateMac was set to "false" (on the "broken" WFE). So I changed both values to "true". Because that was the value on the "working" WFE's.
Walla! Problem solved.